Saturday, September 03, 2005

monotony of life

Life is a mess in terms of monotony. After going through the lines to follow you will agree with me! Alarm rings daily at 6 in the morning, i hardly open my eyes and wish:

پانچ منٹ اور ۔۔۔… کاش صبح کچھ اور دور ھوتی

Alarm gets louder … striking like a hammer on my head … compelling me to leave the bed instantly. I punch the snooze key on my cell phone and try to sleep again with a fear in my mind that after 10 minutes alarm will be on again. After 3 snooze intervals finally I leave the bed … 26/26 times a month unwillingly … Thanks to ALLAH, Sundays are off in our world. Normally I get up late … and then jump straight into the washroom

###curtains###

and then come outta WR, breakfast and then stepping outta home at 7:20 ... now I will be back to home after 10 hours … reach office and punch the card at 8 am, 8 to 12 noon are peak working hours, details are exactly the same that you can imagine. A cup of tea at 9 am and lunch at 12. This tea has a unique taste and I can bet, you will not find this kind of tea in any other place of this world.


اس کا ٹیسٹ ھمیشہ ایک ھی ہوتا ھے ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔ اسکا رنگ دیکھ کر اور اسے چکھ کر پہلا خیال یہی آتا ھے کہ اس پر خود قربان ھونے کی بجاۓ چاۓ بنانے والے کو فورآ قربان کر دیا جاۓ ، مگر کیا کریں اگر اسے قربان کر دیا تو آنے والے لوگ اس منفرد سزا سے ھمیشہ کے لیے محروم ھو جایں گے خیر۔۔۔۔۔۔ ۔

Now I hope that you are wise enough and can guess about the lunch. The same case again. The more try to avoid آلو گوشت، دال، چنے اور کڑی the more I find them in my life. Ahh … At lunch, daily I think about pizza or a burger with chilled coke … would that if we had an option in menu … but I know this ‘would that’ will always remain a ‘would that’…. At least during this job. Then a cup of tea at 2 pm so that you may not forget its taste easily.


ھمارے پاس 3 بوتل کے جن ہیں ۔ یہ تینوں ایک ھی بوتل میں رھتے ہیں، اور ہر ایک اپنی اپنی باری پر ھفتے میں دو دفعہ چاۓ کنٹین سے لے کر آتا ہے۔۔۔۔۔ چراغ رگڑنے کی ضرورت اس لیے نہیں پڑتی کیونکہ وہ بوتل میں رھتے ھیں۔ اور اردو ادب میں بوتل کا جن ھمیشہ بوتل کا ڈھکن کھلنے پر نکلتا ھے، مگر ہم نے ان تینوں کو کھلا ھی چھوڑ رکھا ہے۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔

And then … 3 more hours to go! Normally time hangs heavy after lunch … anyway ۔۔۔۔ all these things are a part of routine … and this routine activity ends when I punch my card out at 4:30 pm.
-------------

After a long time I am in a better mood today & EP rocks the house with کہاں ہے تو۔۔۔۔

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha...............Thank GOD i mostly have tasty tea here in my office. Anyways Munir yaar sometimes i feel and am depressed to think that yaar we would now be working like KUHLOO KA BAIL for our whole lives......atleast for the time we retire.:(.

And yes u were rite that u cannot comment on my blog becoz for that u would have to login with ur passport.

Regards,

gh said...

@ Amm! thanks for stopping by dude! u r lucky that u r having 2 days off!

@ Naqi! yar u r rite ... yar this field is too tough ... waisay the option of driving a cab in a novelty city abroad or the option of standing behind the service counter in a fast food chain isn't a bad idea eithr! hee hee

Raheel Lakhani said...

lolz.. 5 mins aur ke bighair toh guzaara hi nahi.

btw eP rocks and I dance as if noone is watching ;)

Raheel Lakhani said...

lolz.. 5 mins aur ke bighair toh guzaara hi nahi.

btw eP rocks and I dance as if noone is watching ;)

Asma said...

Whata routine ... enjoying it ???

:))))))

Lolz at aaloo gosht and .... a list :)

S.G. said...

:) hmm..my tea is no good...my brother comments about it teh same way... if his friends come to our place..he prefers taking them to tha khoka...
and it was a post i enjoyed reading..(well full)
n :) at ur discription at the left side:)

gh said...

@Raheel :)


@Asma enjoying? to some extent ... monotonous things r not that enjoyable.

@Little princess

two days off in a week!

@Essjee

aaain !!! u don't know how to make good tea? lolz!!!!

Maria I said...

Wow, some lifestyle you got there! *chuckles*
Hmm .. at times when nothing wants to rock, EP does the rocking (well, some of the songs)

Sarfaraz Ahmed Soomro said...

u have my deepesy sympathies :)

Anonymous said...

dear munir ur analysis is try but it is common problem of all engineer. any how i can only pray for u]
sajjad umer

Sadaff said...

EP is pretty good and ooo how do you put urdu in?
i wana learn too.

and thanks for the prayers.