Thursday, September 25, 2008

Well the Barclays experience was worst in a sense that its' staff was impolite and even lacked mundane civilities. So, dropping the idea to avail its' services wasn't the only instant reaction but it also forced me to register a complaint against the concerned person. Let's see, what it's complaints management center has to say.

Below is the text of the email for readers to get a complete picture of the story:

Dear Sir,

I want to draw your attention towards the poor state of services offered by your bank located in Jinnah Super, F-7 Markaz, Islamabad.

The name of your bank was recommended to me by many people for opening a student account, which I enthusiastically pursued. To get some initial information through a phone call, I had to face several unpleasant pauses before the call was finally taken up by the concerned officer. Not having significant information, the lady advised me to contact another officer Mr. Umair and gave me his cell number (+92 321 5696005).

Upon contacting him, he too was unable to reply to my basic queries and committed to get back with the relevant information within an hour, which he never did in the next twenty-four hours.They next day, when I contacted the same officer, his behavior was unreasonably rude and aggressively addressed with a blunt reply that he was busy yesterday. He went on to display his impolite behavior during the whole phone call.

In organizations like banks, where public dealing holds a key role in determining the quality of the services offered, it came to me as an utter surprise that ‘the officer’ was unaware of the mundane civilities and didn’t know how to address people on phone.

It has left a complete negative impression of the well renowned multinational bank, which I intend not to visit in future for availing any type of services, as its employees are unaware of the ‘Customer Relationship Behavior’ basics. I also firmly believe that Barclays Bank holds a strict recruitment criteria for its employees, but what it lacks is the wise scrutiny of well-mannered, well -conversant and polite individuals. And I hope this will be taken care of in future so as not to lose its anticipated customers.

Regards.

------------------

And a video on YouTube is worth watching.




No comments: