Thursday, December 15, 2005

LESCO- Lahore Electric Supply Company is doing a real good job. They do attend the complaints made by the customers on phone calls. My brother just dialed their number and told them the problem about light fluctuation and after half hour they were knocking our door. It was simply a matter of tightening the cable connections from transformer and took them only 10 minutes. Good Work! I wasn’t expecting this quick service from them!

***

A while ago I was composing a job application form in MS Word, according to the ‘specimen format’ given in this Sunday’s Dawn that was advertised by Atomic Energy Commission of Pakistan. These forms are not available on their webpage; rather they take a test of an applicant’s skill in MS Office by giving these specimens in the papers. Fauji Fertilizer Company also does the same. And one more thing about AEC is that they don’t call for a test / interview before 3 months. And luckily if you clear all the tests and interviews then there is a long security clearance period.

‘Khaak Ho Jain Gay Tumhara Call Letter Aanay Tak’ wali baat hay….!

These days where there is a vacancy … there is my CV :) Now I know I can’t continue my present job for a long time. I am just waiting for a better or at least an equivalent opportunity.

You might be thinking why I want to switch over the job? No doubt I am drawing a handsome salary from here, environment is good too, and office is not that far from home - I am enjoying the comforts of home unlike most of my class fellows. But the strict policies of company, bland tasting food and their poor transport service are the things that are indeed a bad experience and compel me 20 times a day to put a resign on my HOD’s table- with a smile on my face “Haa Haa … I have found a better job seneeeoooorrr- goodbye”.

So Atomic Energy or the field of Oil and Gas- who offer jobs on attractive salaries & 16/14 or 20/10 Rota are in my preference now. Prayers are needed my fellow bloggers!

Perhaps it might be interesting for you to know that there are only four Polymer Plants in Pakistan and I am working on one of them! And this experience is the only good reason to stay here otherwise I would have moved from here in the very start.

So after typing down all that stuff I am feeling a bit better now. ALLAH meya whatever YOU have written for me, please let it be in my favor - for a better and prosperous future – so that all my wishes and dreams may come true!


Listening to: Hamesha by EP

10 comments:

gh said...

Okie man cool down ... agreed.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Raheel Lakhani said...

best of luck!!

can I ask you something, what is your qualification?

I love eP.

Asma said...

assalam o alaykum w..w!

oh.. hhope so you get another real good job soon, when you're praying for job pray for mine too :D

wassalam

p.s: i've updated the link to the nazm you were asking sung by whom :)

Fahd Mirza said...

Best of luck. But please listen, it is common mishapped phenomenon that, whenever you have a cushy job, you get bored and try to switchover.

We cant risk that luxury in Pakistan. So be careful

gh said...

Well Raheel! I have a Bachelor Degree of Engineering in Electronics.

Walakum-Salam Asma! Sure :)

Fahd! Thankyou! Perhaps this fear is also in my mind.

Raheel Lakhani said...

ahaan good :)

Read before use said...

good luck with the job..

gh said...

Thanks hani, keep praying!

Anonymous said...

allah kay ghar main dayr hai andhair nahi. try to be positive

sajjad umer

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... four kings bill2c middle income tax relief Getting celexa Delta+saxony+faucet Watch divx on a dvd player foot hose pantie sexy Bowel perforation+septic shock+medical malpractice homemade roof racks sovereign online loan payment Evidenced base practice on skin care