Saturday, January 08, 2005

When all the doors are closed, mess-room is locked, every body is sleeping, corridors are ‘quiet & alone’ and cold freezing air enters from one side and leaves through the other shuddering you and your soul from top to bottom, when the dogs go to rest & you can’t even hear them fighting and howling from some distant place or in your surroundings, when you are famished in late hours of night, it is a perfect idea to have dinner or to have some thing to gulp down straight into your stomach. It can be a proper meal, a spicy chicken mushroom burger with chili sauce, a pizza or an Appletop cake with a cup of tea. (Beforehand arrangements)

I love these 1 am dinner sessions. Jasim is man behind all these arrangements. He is the volunteer. For my roommate and me, it is very difficult to get the point, go to the market and bring something palatable. We are getting benefits without any pain and effort. Let us see for how long jasim helps us. Actually, he is happy with us. We keep buttering him up for his services and appreciating him in one way or another. After all, who would like to lose such a serving friend!

Mobarkain…Mobarkain, a day before yesterday was Waqar’s birthday; (my roommate) …Although he was not ready to disclose his age just like the showbiz celebrities…but we happily assumed that he was 69995443009842100098 years old!

Once upon a time, I asked him: “yar tumhain paeee’yah eeejad kurnay kaa khayyal kaisay aaaya.” (What was in your mind that you invented wheel?)Therefore, you can easily figure out his age!

Well the interesting thing about the celebrations was: we had not any knife to cut the cake! Can you think which thing served for this noble purpose?Well my ‘specs’ zindabaaad!The cake was cut into pieces with the aid of specs rather than using a knife!
Afterwards, when I got back to my work I first had to wash them before placing them on my nose. And I could feel the odour of ‘vanilla essence’ for about two hours! (I thought it was easy to sit in the chair rather than rushing to the washroom once again – How sluggish!)

Listening to: Wo lamhay by gohar.
I have sung this song thousands of times. Now I have started feeling that this song was originally sung by me…Gohar stole it…its lyrics were mine…this whole composition was mine! Lolz