Thursday, October 16, 2008

An Old Story Gone Older

While i was emptying folders in my mailbox a while ago, amost 175 emails dating back to 2006, i found this email (below) , composed two years ago, when i resigned from my previous job. A few days ago, by accepting the offer to study further, i closed all the doors behind. No U´turn, no turning back. Meanwhile, i left everything on Allah, as, with honesty, i did all the necessary paperwork for admission and visa procedures and simultaneously, with the same full honesty and depths of my heart i prayed for the something else, the only justification for this odd behavior was i wanted to remain honest with everybody concerned and myself too. So, i accepted the outcome. Ok, a new path, where it would be nearly equal to sin to think about the past. And, i know, one day, unnoticeably, these old stories will become long forgotten tales from the past. Though i am 27 today but i feel like 37. Quite strange, isn't it? What modern psychology would call it? Don't know, but today, just by chance, i got an answer to a question of physics which was bothering me for quite a long time. Anyway, the email goes as:


Hi All,

Well, as obvious from its' subject, it's a goodbye email! Today is my last working day as I'll be leaving my position in ** department at **. Recently, I got an opportunity to join ** and after giving it much thought I decided to avail it. Although my stay at ** was short but still sufficient enough to miss my associations here -a place with a healthier working environment where I met a fine staff of professionals.

I would like to thank ** sb for giving me the opportunity to serve in this company and **sb for his kind guidance and help; not only at times when I needed it but at times as well when he himself judged that i would be in need of a help. Indeed a nice manager - Hats off for him!

And I would like to say thanks to:

* Danish - He really helped me in carrying out the official tasks from time to time and I have learnt a lot from him. My prayers and wishes will remain with him. Muchas gracias!

* Noor - I am thankful to him for all his help & support from letting me know that it's 'Alt+Ctrl+Ins' to discussing very useful ideas on How-to-Break-a-Software! Thanks a lot!

* Adnan, AliJ, Farooq, Fareed, Mustafa, Imran (both!) and Tanveer - For their nice company.

* Majd and Waqas - For their 'Oh-so-helpful' presentations on Auto-it!

* Asim for placing CAD Licenses in my snapshots folder, YBQ for designing a comic on my personal request, Farrukh for sharing photographs from his album 'The Candid', Sajid for taking care of my tea times ... and this long list goes on. In short, Thanks everybody.

just for the sake of a 'random thought', I see that almost every member of ** owns a PC, except Sajid. What about seeing a desktop on his shelf lying besides that white microwave oven? :-)

I can be reached at my personal email address: **@yahoo.com. May you all have a prosperous and sound future.

Regards.


So, folks, that was a point where life took a second twist. Seems things in the past never happened or never occurred. Has this too, something to do with the modern psychology or classical physics? Another question that will haunt me for an umpteenth time. The violin played in the youtube video below is a must listen and a delight for ears. Adios.

ps: Has anybody played the video below? Any comments?

5 comments:

gh said...

comment deleted, i had seen that before your comment.

Anonymous said...

Accha.

Anonymous said...

And u figured out the person whom u thanked is popular too ... lol.

*rolls eyes at thy seriousness*

Ah, it's the age. My bad.

Anonymous said...

funny how using "sb" is so common...I used to hate myself for not being able to let go of that...

I think I have in many ways but some people are still "sb" for me...

the name sounds disrespectful if I remove it...

gh said...

Yeah, but sometimes, sb itself is disrespectful for some people. ;-)