Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Skipped office and had been to Dentist in the evening today. It was a ten minutes scaling session only. "You must use braces, it's cheap and costs sixteen thousand only - ten thousand advance fee and remaining amount in monthly installments which would be deducted from your salary", she told me as she picked up a needle from a stainless steel box. I lifted my head from big green chair i was almost lying on and looked backwards where she was standing and without showing any interest i told her that this piece of advice was never given to me before. Perhaps my answer or tone had annoyed her a bit.

It was the equipment in the clinic that impressed me more than her skills as a good surgeon. After the treatment she wasn't much interested in answering a couple questions regarding my problem and told me to be patient and wait till next scaling session. Earlier she had suggested braces as an ultimate solution. May be this was the reason for her lack of concern.

One of the lenses in my spectacles was loose in the frame and it slipped out, fell on the floor and broke into three pieces as soon as i picked them from the front pocket of my shirt while leaving the dentist's room. I felt a little bad while sliding the broken pieces towards the wall with my left shoe and wished i hadn't picked them out that moment. And now my left eye sees a blurry picture as i am wearing the same specs. I'll get them fixed tomorrow. Interestingly, in Lahore it costs only two hundred for a pair of lenses and in Islamabad this price starts from five hundred rupees. The quality of glass is same everywhere whether you buy it for five hundred from Karachi Company or from F10 for one thousand rupees.

And it's chicken curry in dinner tonight. Recently our cook has been changed and the taste of food has improved. I hope this quality and taste will be maintained as he (the cook) is quite
experienced and willing to work properly and stay here for a longer duration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sup GH
am i glad to see u back r wat.....
wesa i dont wana over do this but i really really had to tell u this...
sharfoo is missed alot