Thursday, July 07, 2005

I have proved myself a sluggish soul. Yesterday I slept at office during the last half hour. Either it was because of a couple of glasses of Lassi I had taken in the breakfast or because of a heavy file that my boss gave to study. Believe me it was such a damned manual that despite all my efforts I failed to read more than two pages. I could feel my head getting heavy from the early morning. And at 4 pm these glasses of Lassi and the Manual won the battle.

Don’t think I am feeling guilty. I know it was a job risking thing. But at that time I could clearly hear someone whispering in my mind “Nobody can defeat the Laws of Nature. Free your mind from all fears, nothing will happen and now close your eyes.” And I did! By chance I was alone in that room and nobody opened the door while I was sleeping.
And today I have taken a day off. I was feeling sick of that office routine. I needed a break. Four Sundays in a month are not enough.

During my very early days at office I asked one of my colleagues, don’t you find it difficult to stay (read: work) at office for the whole day long? Pat came his reply, “No I enjoy my work.” And started smiling… I was depressed rather than being impressed. Later I realized it was totally a diplomatic answer. I know how much they enjoy their work. And maybe they know about me too…a funny aspect!

However I have decided that I will also start enjoying my work from tomorrow! And whenever somebody will ask me “how are you pulling?”
I will reply him with a smile on my face, “Doing my best sir! I really enjoy my work!”





Listening to: Ahla Doniya by
Elissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"A freshly baked engineer who normally wants to sleep in his office!" lolzzz......hhuumm well i use to like sleeping in ma econ classes by sitting in the very back of the class room but u know wat the problem was....no not ma instructor....but ma frd who use to sit nxt to me....she would keep on pokin me so i concentrate on lecture rather than on ma sleep.....lolzzz btw....aab bi kabi kabi class main dandi maar hi dehti hoon ;)

Anonymous said...

you must be proud of urself becoz u have not changed urself in practical life.y should u feel guilty?strange,it is the matter of proud lolz.
it is very tough to go office from ur house and to reach there in time.some time ooohooon uni life feel a far better from it.no tension,no pain no gain.wat was that day
"kabhi to tum ko yad ayeen gey woh bhareen woh sama"
best of luck dr.i have decided to switch any other place for the sake of mental satisfaction.

gh said...

well haji, yar yah daftar apnay bas ka roog nahi hay waisy...jo apas ki baat such bataoon tumhain.yar too tough. sometimes when i get up in morning....i wantt o bang my hed in wall...grab my hair...nahi yar...kia bataoon tujay.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Discounted delta airlines tickets airline flights limoges Printer plotter clipart Marlin business card logos Senseo coffee makers reviews